Wednesday, April 7, 2010

McCain: Not now, or ever was, a maverick!

John McCain added a new layer to revisionist history this week in my latest copy of Newsweek. The Arizona senator, once the itinerant campaigner on the Straight Talk Express, told the magazine that, and I quote:
"I never considered myself a maverick. I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."

Whoa, there, pardner. If what you say is true, you even fooled Sarah Palin, who could have sworn that your were a mav wherever she campaigned. She even said it again in Arizona to boost your campaign for reelection.

But you have yet to fool Newsweek. In big black letters it labeled the interview,

A MAVERICK FIGHTS FOR HIS POLITICAL LIFE - AND HIS SOUL.

Time to come clean, John. The posse is rounding the bend.

No comments: